In case of death, the record of death must be registered with local authorities within 21 days of occurrence. After that first copy of the death certificate is issued free after proper verification. Now we discussed the detailed procedure for a duplicate copy of death certificate.
- 01 ID cum Residence proofs – Voter Card / Aadhar / Passport / Driving License / Passport (Applicant)
- Copy of Death Certificate (Only In case previously issued certificate is available)
- ID proof where Name and address of deceased is mentioned (If available)
- 01 Passport size photograph of the applicant
- 01 Passport size photograph of deceased
WHO CAN APPLY:-
Any family member can apply for a copy of the death certificate.
WHERE WE CAN
Local/District Registrar of Birth & Deaths by whom death certificate issued can issue a copy of death certificate. Now we can only submit our application through Seva Kendra.
TRANSLATED VERSION OF DEATH CERTIFICATE:-
Now we can apply for Death Certificate in English version or both English and Punjabi.