In some countries especially Europian and Gulf countries only accepted documents which are attested by the Government of India basically called Counter-Signature. Now we discuss the detailed procedure of counter signature.
STEPS OF COUNTER SIGNATURE:-
- Countersign by Deputy Commissioner of District
- Attestation by Mini Secretariat Punjab, Sector 9, Chandigarh
- Attestation by Patiala House (Ministry of External Affairs Office) Delhi or Chandigarh.
- Original document to be counter-signed
- Clear passport copy of the beneficiary
- 02 passport size photographs of the beneficiary
- 02 I.D Proofs of the applicant
DETAILED PROCESS FOR COUNTER SIGNATURE BY DEPUTY COMMISSIONER:-
First of all, prepare your counter signature file from any professional along with the above-said document. After that submit the file in nearest Seva Kendra. After the verification of the document from the local department. The deputy commissioner will countersign the same. About 20 to 30 days spent on this process.
DETAILED PROCESS OF ATTESTATION BY PUNJAB GOVERNMENT:-
After the counter-signature of Deputy Commissioner, the applicant can process for attestation by the Punjab Government. Only the beneficiary or his relative can apply for counter-signature. Commonly you need to personally present early morning at Mini Secretariat Punjab Sector 9, Chandigarh. Where they approximately collect 100 documents in a single day and attest & delivered on the same day. Must carry an original document to be counter singed, passport copy of beneficiary and identity proof of applicant.
DETAILED PROCESS OF ATTESTATION BY PATIALA HOUSE:-
Ministry of External Affairs now authorizes my agents in local cities to collect documents from the citizen and forward to Patiala House for counter signature purpose. In the major districts of Punjab like Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Patiala, Mohali you commonly see the hoarding boards for attestation of the document by Patiala house. So it is easy for you if your documents attested through these authorized agents. They commonly demand an original document to be countersigned and passport copy of beneficiary. Most within a week they deliver the document after attestation.
- Most countries accepted the validity of countersign as 06 months.
- Only the beneficiary or his close relative can apply for this process.