EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Certificate is an income and asset certificate issued to the citizens belonging to the economically weaker sections of the society (EWS category under General category). On the basis of EWS certificate, an individual can avail the benefit of reservation of 10% for EWS section in government jobs and higher educational institutions across the country.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR EWS CERTIFICATE:-
- 03 Identity Proofs i.e. Adhaar Card, Voter Card, Driving Licence etc of applicant
- 03 Photographs of applicant
- If the applicant is minor then his father/mother can apply for the certificate along with his/her own 03 identity proofs and 03 photographs.
His/Her family does not own or possess any of the following assets:-
- His/Her family annual income below 8 Lac.
- 05 acres of agricultural land and above;
- Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above;
- Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities;
- Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR EWS CERTIFICATE:-
First of all, you can prepare your EWS certificate file from any professional. If the beneficiary is minor then his father/mother can apply for this certificate. Then certify your file from your Sarpanch or M.C or Numberdar. Then contact to circle patwari for his report. Finally submit your file at nearest Seva Kendra. Your certificate will issue within 05 to 07 days.