In case of any minor mistake in name, parents name and grandparents' name of a child then we can apply for correction in the birth certificate. Now we discuss the detailed procedure for the correction in the birth certificate.
- An application by applicant to Local/District Registrar of Birth & Deaths.
- Self Declaration by the applicant along with cross signature on the photograph.
- Witnesses of Sarpanch and Numberdar in a rural area and 02 Municipal Councillor in case of the city.
- Attested copy of child's school certificate
- Certify copies of school certificate and birth certificate of all siblings.
- Ration Card, Voter Card, Adhaar Card, bank passbook, Certify copy of hospital amendment record, Marriage Certificate, Driving Licence, Property proof.
- Proof of child name i.e. Vaccination Card Copy and any another proofs
- Proof of parents (Family Proof) and School Certificate (In case of correction of parents and grandparents' name).
- Affidavit of illiteracy along with clarification regarding a mistake in parents of grandparents' name.
First of all prepare your file from any professional typist and enclosed above said documents and attested copies. Kindly mention your mobile number on above-said file and prepare all your file properly. So that further process can be completed smoothly
WHERE WE CAN APPLY FOR BIRTH CERTIFICATE:-
District Registrar of Birth & Deaths are authorized for rural area entries and Local Registrar of Birth & Deaths is authorized for local city entries. Now we can only submit our file through Seva Kendra.
WHO CAN APPLY:-
Only the father or mother of a child can apply for correction in the birth certificate. If parents of the child are not alive then his/her sibling can apply. In case of absence of parents and sibling then applicant himself/herself can apply for this service.
Note: Only minor mistakes can be amended, however the date of birth, father's name cannot be amended. All documents should be read-able and certify.