HOW TO REGISTER YOUR MARRIAGE IN PUNJAB
After the commencement of Punjab Compulsory Registration of Marriage Act 2012, every citizen must register his marriage. To avoid any late fees you can register your marriage within 03 months after the solemnization of marriage. The tehsildar cum sub-registrar of marriage empowers to register the marriage under this act.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR THE REGISTRATION OF MARRIAGE:-
1) 3-3 identity proofs of bridegroom and bride (Passport, Adhar Card, School Certificate, Birth Certificate, Voter Identity Card, Driving Licence etc)
2) Wedding Invitation Card
3) Certificate issued by Gurdwara or Mandir for the solemnization of marriage.
4) 04 normal size photographs of religious marriage.
5) 4-4 passport size photographs of bridegroom and bride.
6) Address proof of abroad in case of NRI
7) Identity proof of witness and guardian from both sides.
WITNESS FOR REGISTRATION OF MARRIAGE:-
1) 1-1 family member from both sides (Father, Mother, Brother etc)
2) 1-1 Sarpanch or Numberdar or M.C or Government employee from both sides.
FULL REGISTRATION PROCESS:-
First, you need to contact any lawyer or legal professional for the preparation of your marriage file. After that, you will personally appear along with all witnesses and guardian in the office of Sub-Registrar of Marriage. After confirmation of all facts, your file referred to Sewa Kendra for further process. At you will get acknowledgement receipt and your marriage certificate issued within 7 to 14 days.
Post a Comment